Kit Davey, Interior Designer
22 years in business over 2700 homes transformed.
Want to see more? Click here to see archived Newsletters.
News from "A FRESH LOOK" Summer 2013
1) Quote of the quarter
I eliminate chaos from my world in order to banish it from my mind. - Steven Pressfield
MJ's Chocolate Rice-Crispies Pie
- 3 cups Rice Crispies
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/5 quarts ice cream
Take ice cream out of the freezer and let soften. Melt chocolate chips over low heat in a saucepan, stirring in milk. Combine with rice crispies in a large bowl. Press the crisp/chocolate mixture into a spring form pan. Scoop ice cream into "crust" and smooth with a spoon. Return to the freezer until ready to serve!
Book Arts: Small Collage Books
Come learn how to make 8 unusual mini-books using leaves, playing cards, tins and more! Plus, you'll learn how to make unique accordion books, along with unusual folding and easy stitching techniques. Express yourself inside each book using collage techniques.
- Demonstrations, and lots of time to books
- Come away with 8 completed books
- Most materials provided
- Please email instructor for supply list: KitDavey@aol.com
Sign up for: Small Collage Books
Cost: $180, plus $10 materials fee payable to instructor
Fun, Easy-to-Make Greeting Cards!
Come learn how to make your own all-occasion art cards. This class is for those with no art experience or for those with lots. You'll get quick, easy ideas, using everyday materials---no experience necessary!
- Over 20 techniques will be demonstrated in class
- Come away with at least 10 completed cards
- Most materials provided
- You'll be inspired to go on and create your own cards for every occasion!
- Please email for supply list: KitDavey@aol.com
Sat., Sept. 14th from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
College of San Mateo
Registration begins August 1st.
Cost: $49, plus $10 materials fee payable to instructor
Questions about the class? Call me. Kit Davey, course instructor, at 650-367-7370, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOOKJAM, Saturday, October 19, 2013
Come join the Bay Area Book Artists annual "jam" from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on Oct. 19th. Anyone who loves books as an art form, collage, assemblage, mail art or the printing process will really enjoy this day of demonstrations, exhibits, free samples, an auction, and a big sale of original art. I will be selling my work and also giving a book-altering demo.
To be held at Lucie Stern Center, Newell Road, Palo Alto.
Attendance and parking are free!
Visit www.bayareabookartists.org for more info.
Arts and Crafts Sale and Open House
Saturday, Nov. 16th, 2013, from 12 to 5 pm
1539 Granger Way, Redwood City
You are welcome to tour my home and garden, and also to shop for jewelry, paintings, sculpture pieces, greeting cards and other works created by 10 artisans who set up tables throughout my house. I'll be selling my own works, too. Bring your friends!
4) How to decide what clothes to keep
I often help my clients edit and organize their closets. Here are some questions I have them ask themselves when deciding whether or not to keep something:
- Does it fit? (If not---donate. Most people will never get around to having something altered. And if you need to lose weight, by the time you do it will be out of style).
- When was the last time I wore it? (If more than a year, donate it)
- Do I look good in it? Do I feel great when I wear it?
- Do I have something in my wardrobe similar to this that is better? (How many black t-shirts do you really need?)
- Can I give this to someone who would wear/appreciate it more than I do?
- Do I want it because I paid a lot for it? Do I feel like I need to keep it because someone gave it to me?
Once you remove clothes from your closet that you know you shouldn't keep and organize what's left by type (skirts together with skirts, blouses with blouses, etc.) you will feel a tremendous lightening and joy.
Newsletter Available by E-mail.
If you would prefer to receive this newsletter by e-mail, please notify me at
KitDavey@aol.com and I will put you on my cyber-list.
A Fresh Look Offers:
or call (650) 367-7370